Application deadline: July 31, 2017 at 11:59 PM
Turkish Heritage Organization (THO) is seeking a part-time graphic designer to work 16 to 24 hours a week in its Washington, D.C. office.
THO is a young nonprofit organization that was established to promote discussion and dialogue around Turkey’s role in the international community and to explore the importance of the U.S.-Turkey bilateral relationship across six issue areas: security, humanitarian aid, economy, energy, education, and technology. Through its portfolio of events, programs, and publications, THO seeks to expand channels of communication and bridge the gap between government officials, opinion leaders, and subject-matter experts.
In supporting the work of a young, dynamic non-profit, the graphic designer will gain in-depth experience working in the D.C. research and policy sector. The graphic designer will become an integral part of THO’s small and tight-knit team. S/he will work closely with THO’s leadership to help develop THO’s brand across all of the organization’s products and projects in a way that is visually exciting.
As part of a small team, the graphic designer will not only be able to build her or his portfolio but will also gain an in-depth understanding of how small non-profits work and grow. The graphic designer will be able to contribute to THO’s strategy and growth beyond day-to-day graphic design responsibilities.
- Conceptualize and create engaging infographics for THO factsheets and issue briefs;
- Design invitations and flyers for THO events;
- Format graphics for use in THO social media and newsletters, such as weekly quotes;
- Design THO reports and annual publications, such as the Annual Review and the Activity Report.
- Create other graphics as needed for THO projects, including occasional surveys and fundraising activities.
- The graphic designer will occasionally help in other aspects of event preparation and execution as needed.
- A Bachelor’s degree in graphic design or at least two years of previous design experience.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator).
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to meet project deadlines.
- Superb communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task across a variety of projects in a small team setting.
- Knowledge of HTML and CSS.
- Experience translating research into visually appealing and clear graphics.
- Experience creating multimedia products, animated gifs etc. for social media posts.
To apply, please send your resume, cover letter, two references, and a portfolio of your previous graphic design work to email@example.com.