- “Secretary General: NATO, Finland and Sweden share the same security interests”
In a visit to the country, NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg underscored the importance of alliances with Finland and Sweden.
- “NATO Building Integrity team conducts train-the-trainers programme in Iraq”
The NATO Building Integrity (BI) Team, in partnership with the Allied Joint Force Command Naples (JFCN) and NATO Mission Iraq (NMI) concluded a training program.
- “Secretary General welcomes NATO’s close cooperation with Finland”
In a three day visit to Finland and Sweden, NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg emphasized the importance of the alliance of the two countries.
- “NATO releases new Action Plan on Women, Peace and Security”
NATO adopted a new Action Plan on Women, Peace, and Security, which emphasizes the importance of NATO Allied commitment to gender equity and justice.
- “NATO sharpens its technological edge”
On Friday, NATO launched its Innovation Fund to support investments in new technologies.
- “Secretary General reaffirms NATO’s commitment to counter terrorism at a meeting of Defence Ministers from the Global Coalition against ISIS”
NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg joined an in-person meeting of defense ministers, chaired by the United States.
- “NATO Releases First-Ever Strategy for Artificial Intelligence”
The strategy emphasizes the role that AI can play in defense and security, as well as the need for ethical applications.
- “Eleven Allies launch multinational projects to boost CBRN defence”
Three multinational High Visibility Projects were launched by the Defense Ministers from 11 NATO Ally countries.
- “Fifteen Allies deepen cooperation on Ground Based Air Defence”
Defense Ministers from 15 NATO Allies reaffirmed their commitment to develop, acquire and deliver Ground Based Air Defence capabilities.
- “NATO Defence Ministers address key issues for Allied security”
On Thursday, NATO defense ministers discussed how to further strengthen the NATO alliance in a more complex and competitive world.
- “Secretary General welcomes US Secretary of Defense to NATO”
Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg welcomed US Secretary of Defense Lloyd Austin to NATO Headquarters on Thursday.
- “Appointment of Daniela Morgante as IBAN Chair”
The North Atlantic Council reappointed Ms. Daniela Morgante, Italian Board Member, as Chair of IBAN.
- “Turkish Defense Minister warns against alliances that harm NATO”
Turkish Defense Minister Hulusi Akar, indirectly referencing the Greek-French defense pact, expressed his concern about member-states searching for partners and allies outside the alliance. He stated that such outside alliances are harmful to NATO.
- “NATO Leaders Stress Unity at Conclusion of Defense Ministerial”
NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg and US Secretary of Defense Lloyd Austin emphasized the strength of alliance, which is based on shared values, and their “ironclad” commitments to Article 5.
- “Russia warns NATO any move on Ukraine will have consequences”
In the wake of US Secretary of Defense Lloyd Austin’s visit to Ukraine and the black sea, Russian Defense MInister Andrei Rudenko has issued a warning to NATO that admission of Ukraine into the alliance will have “consequences”.
- “German Defense Minister warns Europeans: Don’t Detach from NATO”
In response to increasing talk of European strategic autonomy, German Defense Minister Annegret Kramp-Karrenbauer encouraged Europeans to increase their defense capabilities within the NATO framework, rather than detaching from the US.
- “NATO’s new special representative vows to ‘find ways’ to further strengthen ties with Georgia”
During his first official visit to Georgia, NATO’s new special representative Javier Colomina stated that NATO desires a comprehensive relationship with Georgia, and expressed his concern about Russian hostilities on Georgia’s border.
- “Italy hosts NATO-Industry Forum 2021”
Leading up to the 2022 Madrid Summit, the NATO-Industry Forum allows member-states to engage in dialogue regarding the development of the new NATO strategic concept, which will be adopted at the 2022 Summit.