“Secretary General: NATO stands with Ukraine”
- NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg met with Ukrainian Foreign Minister Dmytro Kuleba at NATO Headquarters on Monday (15 November 2021) to discuss the security situation in and around Ukraine.
“Deputy Secretary General participates in the 2021 GoTech World Conference”
- Speaking at the 2021 GoTech World Conference, NATO’s Deputy Secretary General Mircea Geoană stressed the importance of cybersecurity at a time when new technology is transforming the world at record speed while opening the cybersecurity stage on 11 November.
“NATO Secretary General’s new Special Representative for Women, Peace, and Security appointed”
- NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg appointed Irene Fillen to fill the position of Special Representative for Women, Peace and Security. She has previously worked for NATO Headquarters, the Rome International Affairs Institute, Women in International security and for various UN agencies as a consultant.
“Putin Says U.S., NATO Moves in Black Sea ‘Serious Challenge’ for Russia”
- Putin has accused NATO and the U.S. of increasing its presence in the Black Sea region and carrying out unplanned military drills. The remarks come in the wake of comments by NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg and U.S. Secretary of State Anthony Blinken concerning Russian military build-up near Ukraine.
“NATO ‘strongly condemns’ Belarus over border migrant crisis”
- NATO says it stands by its allies Poland, Lithuania and Latvia which have been inflicted by, what the alliance calls, a migrant crisis manufactured by Belarus for political reasons. The alliance has said it is monitoring the situation and has called on Belarus to comply with international law.