- “NATO Deputy Secretary General meets with Hungary’s Minister for Innovation and Technology”
On Monday, the NATO Deputy Secretary General will meet with the Hungarian Minister for Innovation and Technology at NATO Headquarters in Brussels to discuss opportunities for collaboration.
- “NATO Launches Annual Deterrence Exercise”
NATO began its annual exercise to practice its defense of European member states. The exercise is called “Steadfast Noon” and is slated to take place over the next week.
- “Russia Shuts Down Mission to NATO in Row over Spying”
In response to NATO’s expulsion of eight Russians over spying, Russia has shut down its mission to NATO indefinitely.
- “The Chair of the NATO Military Committee visits Iceland”
The Chair of the NATO Military Committee, Admiral Robert Bauer, visited Iceland where he attended meetings with key Icelandic representatives and discussed the importance of Iceland’s strategic geographic position.
- “Deputy Secretary General: Close Cooperation will Keep us Safe”
NATO Deputy Secretary General Mircea Geoană gave the keynote address at the virtual To Be Secure (2BS) Forum organized by the Atlantic Council of Montenegro, and highlighted the valuable contributions Montenegro has made to the NATO alliance.
- “US Defense Secretary Heads to Europe to Focus on Black Sea Stability, NATO”
US Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin will be in Europe this week meeting with the leaders of Georgia and Ukraine, which are aspiring NATO member states and Romania, an existing NATO member state. He will also attend the NATO Defense Ministers Meeting in Belgium.