- “Turkey “unconditionally” committed to NATO: Presidential Spokesperson”
Turkish Presidential Spokesperson Ibrahim Kalın declared Turkey’s unconditional support for NATO. He added that strained relations between individual member-states should not affect commitment to NATO, and that Europe should further exert its influence in geographical and strategic decision making.
- “NATO Secretary General discusses implementation of Kosovo de-escalation with EU Special Representative”
The two officials met to discuss NATO and the UN’s role in supporting peace between Serbia and Kosovo, as well as the NATO-led Kosovo Force (KFOR). The Secretary General praised the successful cooperation between NATO and the EU in the region.
- “KFOR enhances presence in northern Kosovo in support of de-escalation arrangement”
In support of the way forward de-escalation arrangement between Serbia and Kosovo, NATO-led KFOR will maintain a temporarily larger force in northern Kosovo. The commander of KFOR, Major General Franco Federici, visited the deployed KFOR forces in northern Kosovo.
- “Turkey strong NATO ally, fulfilling its obligations: Foreign minister”
Turkish Foreign Minister, Mevlüt Çavuşoğlu, emphasized Turkey’s commitment to NATO and its fulfillment of NATO obligations.
- “NATO Secretary General meets virtually with China’s Foreign Minister Wang Yi”
Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg took the opportunity to press China on some of its coercive measures, as well as its nuclear arsenal, but also emphasized NATO’s desire for cooperation with China on climate change, counter terrorism and other areas of mutual interest.
- “NATO Secretary General welcomes cooperation with the International Energy Agency”
Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg and Director of the International Energy Agency (IEA), Fatih Birol, discussed areas of cooperation and mutual interest between NATO and the IEA such as climate change, clean energy transition, and energy security.
- “NATO Secretary General received CEPA 2021 Transatlantic Leadership Award”
The Center for European Policy Analysis (CEPA) awarded Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg their 2021 Transatlantic Leadership Award for “advancing our common values” and “investing in the next generation of Atlanticists”.
- “Turkey says Greek-French defense pact harms NATO alliance”
The Turkish Foreign Ministry denounced the Greek-French defense pact which saw Greece acquire 3 French naval vessels and what the ministry called a general policy of “isolation of Turkey” and “armament” by the Greek government. In response, the Ministry declared Turkey would continue to defend its interests in the Aegean and Mediterranean.