- “Turkish, US army chiefs meet at NATO meeting in Athens”
At the NATO Military Committee Conference in Athens, U.S. Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Mark Milley, met his Turkish counterpart, Chief of General Staff Yaşar Güler. They discussed areas of mutual security interest such as Afghanistan, regional security, counter-terrorism, and refugees.
- “Remarks by NATO Deputy Secretary-General Mircea Geoană on the Occasion of the 70th anniversary of NATO in Italy”
NATO Deputy Secretary-General Mirceă Geoana delivered remarks on Italy’s 70th anniversary in NATO, commending their commitment to NATO and their support in key regions such as Iraq, Eastern Europe and Afghanistan.
- “NATO Deputy Secretary-General Mircea Geoană stresses the importance of partnerships, values and resilience”
Speaking at the Emerging Europe Summit in Brussels, NATO Deputy Secretary-General Mirceă Geoana lauded the contributions of central and eastern european countries and emphasized the importance of continued cooperation as Europe confronts increasing emerging security threats.
- “Ukraine holds military drills with US forces, NATO allies”
In the wake of the Russian ZAPAD 2021 military drills and increased calls from Ukraine for further integration with NATO, Ukraine is hosting the joint military exercise, RAPID TRIDENT - 2021, during which 2,000 foreign soldiers from its NATO allies will participate.
- “Coronavirus Response: NATO and Hungary donate ventilators to the Republic of Moldova”
In cooperation with the NATO Pandemic Trust Fund, Hungary donated 20 ventilators to the NATO stockpile in a ceremony, where the equipment was subsequently transferred to the Republic of Moldova.
- “NATO Afghan evacuees begin journey to resettlement”
As Afghan evacuees make their way to resettle in the United Kingdom, NATO has committed to “safe and compassionate” transportation, and NATO Response Force troops help to provide housing, care and support for the evacuees.
- “After Afghanistan pullout, US seeks NATO basing, intel pacts”
Speaking on counter-terrorism in Afghanistan, US Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Mark Milley expressed the desire to establish basing agreements with states in the region as the US military says it could continue to conduct “over the horizon” strikes in Afghanistan.