Job Type :Full-time
Full Job Description
Location: Washington, DC
Application Deadline: Applications will be reviewed as received with preference given to applications received by February 10, 2022.
The Turkish Heritage Organization (THO) is a young, independent, nonpartisan, nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization that promotes discussion and dialogue around Turkey’s role in the international community and issues of importance in the U.S.-Turkey bilateral relationship, as well as an analysis of the NATO alliance and geopolitics of the region.
Founded by a group of Turkish-Americans with backgrounds in community leadership and run by a staff with demonstrated interest in and commitment to Turkish-American relations, the NATO alliance and international cooperation.
The THO president serves as the public face of the organization to promote constructive leadership and engagement in international affairs based on the transatlantic Community’s central role in meeting global challenges. THO is seeking an exceptional candidate to join our top leadership role in Washington, DC as the President of THO.
- Set, in consultation with the Board, and implement THO's strategic direction to advance its work to support and strengthen the work of NATO 2030 Global Fellowship program.
- Cultivate strong and effective relationships with think tank leaders, both domestic and international, to ensure that THO understands their needs, strengthens the value of their role, and advances their objectives.
- Build coalitions and partnerships with members, donors, and other stakeholders to advance the interests and strengthen the work of transatlantic relationship through public research, surveys and research based panels.
- Cultivate relationships with donors (private) to increase resources to advance THO’s work.
- Facilitate cross-departmental collaboration and strengthen internal communications with staff throughout the organization; create and promote a positive, multicultural work environment that supports consistency and high-quality work throughout the organization.
- Manage 500,000 dollars annually.
- Lead the THO's internal and external teams( Contributors, Fellows, Academic Liaisons)
- Preference for someone with international experience especially NATO and Turkey-U.S. relationship.
- Knowledge and interest in equity-focused efforts around degree completion, research, and engagement.
- A demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Understanding of how the Washington, DC think tank community operates
- A record of successful donor cultivation and associated resource generation.
- Successful experience engaging in coalitions and/or advocating for issues important to advancing public higher education.
- Exceptional communication (written and verbal) and presentation skills.
- Exceptional leadership and management skills, with successful experience building and maintaining supportive, diverse, equitable, inclusive work environments.
- Excellent analytical skills. Ability to understand and utilize data (both quantitative and qualitative) to accurately diagnose key issues and develop strategies and plans.
- Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to build successful and effective relationships with representatives of member institutions and other stakeholders.
- Financial leadership experience; successfully ensuring the financial health and integrity of institutions.
- Ability to travel as needed once the pandemic health situation allows.
- Second language such as Turkish language preferred.
Please send a letter of interest and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: President. Applications will be reviewed as received with preference given to those received by January 15, 2022.
THO provides a generous benefits package.
THO is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and is committed to recruiting, employing, training, compensating and promoting staff regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.